WHAT’S THAT SMELL?
I think it is safe to say that everyone loves a pleasant aroma. Pleasant may differ from person to person. Close your eyes and imagine an aroma that brings you joy. I love the smell of freshly mowed grass, freshly cut basil, and freshly squeezed limes. These aromas evoke pleasant memories and simply make me happy.
Another smell I love is the aroma of any citrus essential oil: grapefruit, lemon, orange, lime, just smelling the bottle makes me happy and energetic.
JUST ANOTHER PLEASANT SMELL OR IS THERE MORE TO IT?
When disease and illness are present, they can manifest as chemical imbalances. Underlying this chemical imbalance is an electromagnetic imbalance that has altered the specific vibrational frequencies of molecules, cells, tissues and organs within the body.
When you use an essential oil, which has a higher frequency than your body, it raises your vibratory quality. This is referred to as the Entrainment Principal – When the Higher Frequency meets the Lower Frequency, the Higher Frequency will pass thru and raise the Lower Frequency. This vibratory quality is the foundation of health or disease in our body.
In addition to disease and illness, a negative emotional state can decrease your body’s frequency by as much as 10-12 MHz
Clinical Research Shows that essential oils have the highest frequency of any natural substance known to man, creating an environment in which disease, bacteria, virus, fungus, etc., cannot live.
When you use essential oils, eat plants or spend time in nature, their higher frequency is transferred to you. You feel alive and connected.
DOES QUALITY MATTER?
One of the most important things I have learned is that not all essential oils are created equal. With anything you put into or onto your body, it is very important to find a trusted, reputable source, and 3rd Party Testing is a necessity.
If you use a toxic source, the toxin level is concentrated just like the oil is concentrated.
The essential oils don’t necessarily have to be organic. There are different laws in different countries. It may be impractical for a company from another country to obtain an organic rating with the United States. With all the testing that reputable companies do, you may be getting better quality than USDA certified organic.
HOW CAN ESSENTIAL OILS HELP?
There is plenty of research on essential oils out there with a long history of use. You will not find the placebo controlled, double blinded studies but you will find helpful information on the safety, botanical class, chemical properties and various uses with the potential benefits of each oil. The FDA has even given some of the oils the GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) designation. This is given to additives the FDA recognizes as safe for consumption.
- Smell is the only sense that is wired directly into the brain. The effect is immediate.
- Helps with mood, pain, anxiety and stress as well as causing physiological changes in the body.
- Any of the EOs can be used for aromatherapy.
- Inhale the aroma of the oil right out of the bottle.
- Inhale from your hands.
- Receive benefits of Aromatherapy and Topical use
- Place a drop of EO in your palm, rub hands together, cup hands over your mouth and breath deeply
- Put purified water into your diffuser
- Use 10 drops of EOs
- Set timer for desired amount of time
- Inhaler (Abundant Health, see link below.)
- Put 8-10 drops of the preferred oil(s) onto the wick, and reassemble
- Open the inhaler, place near your nose and breathe deeply.
- You can use any of these methods as often as you feel the need.
- Essential oils are lipid soluble. When oils are applied to the skin they are absorbed into the dermis and stay in the local tissue (fat)
- This can also allow them to be carried into the bloodstream to be used in other areas of the body.
- Dilution of EOs with a carrier oil decreases the concentration but it increases the absorption in many ways
- Test the oil on the back of hand or bottom of foot before use. If irritation develops, apply carrier oil. This will dilute the oil and help minimize the irritation.
- Carrier Oils: MCT Oil, Avocado Oil or any healthy oil you have at home
- Dilute or layer the oils as described below.
- Dilute in the Palm of Your Hand
- Mix chosen EO(s) with carrier oil in the palm of your hand and apply
- Layering Oils
- Apply the oils one at a time to chosen area and then apply carrier oil
- Roller Bottle (Abundant Health, see link below)
- Add preferred EOs one at a time and then fill with carrier oil
- Use 10-15 Drops for every 10ml of carrier oil
- Apply to abdomen for digestive issues
- Apply to bottoms of feet or palms of hands, ears or spine.
- More information about this can be found with link below, Natural Aromatherapy Benefits
- Wear as perfume – apply behind the ears or on the wrists
- Use as often as you like
- Should be used cautiously
- Only those oils that have been deemed GRAS – Generally Recognized at Safe should be diluted and ingested only in recommend doses
- Ingestion can promote healing & safely relieve many ailments
- May be added directly to a beverage: Water, Tea, Coffee or a Smoothie
- Best if blended in with a fat source
- Put oil into a vegetable capsule (can be purchased on Amazon)
- By the time the capsule dissolves, the oils will be in the right place.
WHAT ARE THEY GOOD FOR?
- Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Valerian, Peace & Calming,
- Cypress, White Fir, Balsam Fir, Spruce, Roman Chamomile, Peppermint, Spearmint, Lemon, Lime, Bergamot, Clove, Ginger, Frankincense
- Cypress, Lemon, Lime
- Peppermint, Spearmint, Roman Chamomile, Ginger, Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Ginger, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Patchouli
- Bergamot, clary sage, lavender, orange, roman chamomile, ylang ylang
- Blend: Juniper, Sandalwood, Peppermint, Geranium (6+4+2+12)
- Lemongrass, Wintergreen, Deep Relief, Pan Away
- Myrtle, Spearmint, Peppermint, Lemongrass
- Blend: Tangerine, Cypress, Fennel Blend (1 + 2 + 5 drops)
WHERE DO I GET THEM & LEARN MORE?